Friday, April 4

more excuses

well here I find myself without internet again, as the mobile broadband we had was anything but fast, and rather expensive. So now to post I need to go to the library, not such a bad thing, as New Plymouth has a fantastic library. But it's still not quite as easy as posting from home.

As part of my MFA I have been looking at artists that produce work that may be inspiring to me. My tutors have given me a list, and though some of them were interesting none of them grabbed me and made me love their work. One of the ones that was rather interesting though is Catherine Opie

However if any of you bloggers have some good suggestions of artists whose work may inspire me, please do let me know! I am on the hunt!

5 comments:

microphen said...

Catherine Opie??!!! where you been man. some of us discovered her years ago. even own one of her books.

maybe that's one reason you need to come down - so you can steal books from my extensive library

Anonymous said...

You should check out www.visitcenter.org I find their competition winners inspirational. Also, seem to recal you liking polly chandler's b&w work.

jodi Ruth keet said...

Thanks Shaz, I'm kinda only interested in colour work at the moment.

Microphen, it's not just about 'discovering' people, but about me getting a group of peoples work together that inspire me, Opie was an example of work that I found interesting. Now are you going to give me any inspiration or just nag! ? : )

microphen said...

oh i'm just gonna nag!!! cos that's fun.

ain't i inspiration enough for you??!!

i much prefer the printed book to the computer screen. that's why i keep spending money on books and don't spend much time looking online for inspiration.

tinks said...

There's some great work shown at this LA gallery, particularly Massimo Vitali:
http://www.mbfala.com/index.html