Monday, March 2

back onto it again

I've taken a bit of time off over summer to enjoy myself, and to swim, sit in the sun and read and such like. However, my second and final year of my MFA is underway now, so I am busy today procrastinating starting on the presentation I need to have competed in a few weeks by posting on this blog, and other such time wasters. You'd think since I can only work on this when our baby is asleep or when he is being looked after by my Mum or Owen I wouldn't procrastinate so, and certainly I do it much less than I used to. I have one more task on my list of things to do before starting MFA work after this post, then I better get on to it!

My recent revelation in my work is that I am interested in accumulative identity or (for want of a better word) evolutional identity. This enompases the range of questions I have been asking in relation to how identity is effected and in turn perceived by family heritage, our race and race relations, our closest relationships and by our own perceptions. I am yet to clarify this statement (this is what I have been putting off doing) so I hope once I start I will have sorted it out with a bit more eloquence. As one of my tutors calls it, it is our 'punch line' that one liner answer that you can give when some one asks you that dreaded question at a dinner party, "So, what do you do?"

No comments: