Wednesday, June 20

winter

It always seems that winter is such a busy time in the art world, with many exhibitions being on, art awards taking place, and for photography, it is the best time to be photographing. Also, winter with its tendency to slow us down a bit, it is a great time to contemplate new work. So, I have been busy, although it seems, not with a camera in hand. As often, I find for myself, that the actual taking of a photo is such a small part of photography.

So what has been happening you ask!? Well, the Anthony Harper award just closed on the weekend, as did the group show in Auckland. A group show is opening up end of next week in Palmerston north, and another group show that I'm finishing work off for at the end of August. There are other awards coming up that I am preparing for... that is all without even picking up a camera! I spent a major part of the last two years preparing for my touring show "Whaingaroa", which showed in Jan to March this year around the North Island. This work took up a lot of my time and creative energy, with it over now, I can focus on some new bodies of work. So that is also what I have been doing - planning, thinking, contemplating, writing, drawing, taking some 'sketch photos' and experimenting. All very busy really, but not a whole lot of stuff to show for it really.

Nevertheless, for some proof that I am still taking photos, here is a snap I took of myself a couple of weeks ago while I was out on a photography walk.

No comments: